Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Thursday, January 23, 2014

"Gateway to Promise"

"Gateway to Promise"
5"x7" Alcohol Ink on Yupo

     This is number 22 of the 30 in 30 Challenge.  I can't believe this challenge is coming to an end!  I think I have just now settled into the groove and routine.  Maybe I can continue painting everyday.  I enjoy these alcohol inks so much.  The colors and the vibrancy are so much fun to work with.  I love the impressionistic style.  I think that's just "me".  I did try to be more intentional with this one.  It was with the "what if", and "I wonder if" approach.  I'm learning a lot by just jumping in.  The central focal point speaks to me, in that there is a whole place of promises awaiting each one of us, as we stand at the gate to our  promised land that God has for us.  I think so many times we picture that as leaving a very bad place into a good place, but I think sometimes, it's choosing to leave a beautiful place into a place of more beauty than we can ever imagine; that being the glory of the Lord.  

No comments: