Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Crossing Over #2

"Crossing Over #2"
Oil on Canvas 14"x16"
In Progress

     This is number 3 of the Leslie Saeta 30 in 30 Day Challenge.  I did this painting in a large full sheet Yupo with Alcohol Ink and decided to try it in oils.  I've painted this bridge no less than 4-5 times.  First, I had the perspective wrong.  Then, I had the colors and lighting wrong.  I've toned down the water and still will do a bit more.  The bridge is more to my liking, and I've changed the tree in the foreground quite a bit, adding some texture.  I worked on the sky to give it more of an atmospheric look, and overall I'm liking it more and more.  I welcome any suggestions that you might have.  I've been painting in oils for about 8 months, so have lots to learn.  

No comments: