Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Birthing a New Thing

"Birthing a New Thing"
8"x10" Original Acrylic on 
Collaged Watercolor Paper

     It's just the craziest thing; painting all of these mid-eastern women!  What is just now dawning on me, is that a few years prior to traveling as a missionary to both Africa and Guatemala, I began having dreams and visions and producing art with the women wearing traditional clothing.....way before I ever even wanted to go onto the mission field.  What does that mean?  Why did I paint this?  Why did I title it, Birthing a New Thing"?  It was not until just now that I began to speculate...oh dear.  Lord, what are you up to?  I say yes, to whatever it is.  
     I love painting intuitively.  There are a couple of reasons.  One is that it is just so freeing and fun.  The next is, when I'm copying something I just feel that it just a copy with no life in it.  It was alive for someone else, but dead for me.  Even using a photo reference on things, I usually have to give it up, shut my computer lid and just paint from my guts.  
     If any of you have any insight to what is behind this painting, I'd welcome it.

No comments: