Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Miss Natalie"

"Miss Natalie"
9x11 Watercolor on paper
NFS

     #33 challenging myself
     For those of you who may not know, there is an awesome story to my lovely Grand-daughter.  19 years ago, I faced divorce and lost custody to my youngest son.  I went through the next 10 years with all kinds of difficulties in visitation, followed by the next 9 years of total estrangement.  During that time, I found the Lord and devoted my life to Him.  I'd always prayed to be reunited with my son, but there sure was a long dry spell.  The last three years of the 9, I shifted my prayer and my hope.  Instead of hoping in my son, I hoped in the Lord.  It is through him, that nothing is impossible.  I'd kept my land line for so many years, hoping that my son would be able to contact me by phone.  Finally, due to telemarketers and frustration, I let it go.  I remember telling my husband that I had to "let go" and trust God.  We partnered in prayer, and began to pray for a Godly wife, the perfect laborer for the harvest of his soul, and for him to come home.  My husband consistently prayed that he would have a lonesomeness in his heart for his mom.  Well, last October I got an email saying, Mom... I've found Christ and I'm coming home!  Those were the sweetest words I've ever read on a page!  He found Jesus, and found me!  That was one precious time, four days later that he came home!  And with him came a Godly and beautiful wife, and my most beautiful grand-daughter, Natalie!  I'm so proud of this little family.  They are amazing in every single way.  They love God and are serving Him.  That is the most important thing of all! My God is amazing and so is his grace!  He has restored all that the locust has eaten!

     

No comments: