Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Promise

"Promise"
22x28 Acrylic on Stretched Canvas

     I painted this during worship at Emmanuel Fellowship Church, Sweetwater, TX a couple of Sunday's ago.  It was one of those days in which I had no ideas.  I was busy that morning with other ministry duties and couldn't take time to focus.  I was about to take the stage, with brush in hand and no clue.  It can be a little frightening.  I think of the musicians.  They take the stage and have practiced and practiced and have music in front of them.  They have a clue!  It's different with us artists.  I look at this tree and even right now as I'm writing the Lord revealed something to me.  I realized that this painting might have been just for me!  It is when I go out on a limb, that He always comes through!  His promises are always yes and amen for me. Why should I ever worry?   I wasn't thinking about that as I painted.  I was just thinking...what now, Lord?  What can I do next?   
   Interestingly, the sermon was on blended families in our "Family Matters" sermon series.  It spoke to my pastor, Eric vonAtzigen.  He thought it expressed the beauty of blended families.  My husband, Paul thinks it looks like a pathway into Glory.  I love prophetic art, in that it has a Godly message that can be so different and so personal to different people.  

No comments: