Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Work in Progress

Work in Progress

I've been commissioned to paint a memorial type painting for a young woman that lost her baby.  I've been seeking the Lord for a couple of weeks, mulling it over in my mind.  The woman's sister in law (who commissioned me), mentioned that when she would see a Cardinal, she would be reminded of her baby.  Somehow, I knew the cardinal had to be in the painting, but I just couldn't feel peace about painting a pretty little cardinal eating out of a bird feeder or sitting on the fence.  Yesterday, the Lord showed me that this baby, in full Spirit is worshiping the King of Kings with fullness,  joy, and wild abandon.    I could just see Creed fulfilling his purpose in heaven.  It doesn't help with the loss and pain, but it does help knowing that he really is in the arms of Jesus.  I was just reminded this morning (after painting yesterday), that the scripture that this momma has held dear to her heart, is I Samuel 1:27-28.  I read it this morning, and was blessed beyond measure...that,  "I heard from the Lord", because it reads...."And he worshiped the Lord there."  Stay tuned, as it's not quite finished.  I can't wait to get to it!  

No comments: