Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Friday, January 1, 2016

Job 31:1

Job 31:1
Acrylic on Paper
8"x10"

     It's been awhile since I've posted; it's been a very rough ride on the train of life.  However, a new year is rolling around, and with it has to come Hope.  I've been painting a lot.  Leslie Saeta has two 30 in 30 challenges a year, and guess what?  It starts tomorrow.  I didn't do the one in Sept., so Ive determined to do this one.  I got a head start over the holiday, knowing that right off the bat I will be out of pocket for a few days.  As I was painting this one, I just began to reflect and paint.  I paint intuitively most of the time.  It's pretty rare that I begin with an idea unless I'm painting in watercolor.  My husband has been studying scripture lately, and as he looked at this one, he felt that the title Job 31:1 fits it perfectly.  That scripture reads,“I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a young woman."   It's kind of strange, because I believe I painted a woman.  However, in either case, the scripture fits.  There will be more figurative's to come.   Day 1.

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Good Luck with the challenge!
NICE start!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I see you are painting as well!

Unknown said...

Nice Job. I see a woman.