Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, January 14, 2017

On This Rock

On This Rock
6"x6"
Oil and cold wax

Some years ago when I just came in to believing the absolutely everything in the Bible was for me, we traveled to Saint Maarten for a diving vacation. A nice walk along the beach from our resort to these rocks was my hiding place for that week. I would go there morning and evening and I would take my bible and I would read and I would pray. I would watch the water as it hit the rocks and the foam and the waves would just crash and white foamy water would splash above me. Across the water in the distance I could see Saint John. I always wanted to take that little excursion over there, but it seemed pretty costly to go that short distance. But I think about what Jesus said "upon this rock I will build my church".  That was ringing through my ears as I was painting the scene. I love this painting, maybe just because it has an emotional connection with me. This one is number 14 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

 

No comments: