Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, December 28, 2013

"Horizons of Blessing"

"Horizons of Blessing"
12x24
Acrylic on Canvas

     I've been working on pet portraits lately, fulfilling some Christmas commissions.  I started this piece before the commissions and really wasn't happy at first.  Today, I got back in the studio and reworked the road.  I like it much better.  While contemplating the title, I just couldn't see anything except "Horizons".  I had to consider all sorts of things.  Things like, "what's on the horizon', to the hope and light that is on the horizon, to the people that I love that seem to have nothing on the horizon.  That makes me gloomy.  But, when I painted this, everything was bright for me, and still is. My son had just come home from many a year separation!  My only granddaughter had been introduced to me, my other two boys and grandchildren are healthy, my husband and I are healthy, and we all love the Lord Jesus!  My children are taught of the Lord and they are blessed.  We are blessed in the city and blessed in the land!  Somehow this painting reminds me of that Blessing.



No comments: