Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Alice Jo

"Alice Jo"
Watercolor on 140# Arches Paper
SOLD

     As you know, this was the second version of this beautiful woman, done in watercolor.  After experiencing much frustration with a new paper that just absorbed the color and would not move, I went back to my favorite, Arches, 140#.  This was pure joy.  As I painted I reflected on so many good times as we grew up together.  I thought about the summer swims, the times together at the ranch, all the many, many hours of laughter that we had!  There is one thing about this girl:  she has an ability to see the funny in any situation and keeps you in stitches all the time.  I also look back at the gaping holes in the years that we were disconnected for reason of life happening all around us.  I am thrilled to be connected again, and thrilled that she's my cousin!

No comments: