Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, January 18, 2014

"Dam Break"

"Dam Break"
5"x7"
Watercolor on Yupo

     This is number 18 of the 30 in 30 challenge!  I'm half way through!  I decided to work with watercolor again, rather than the inks that I've been using.  Usually watercolor dries shades lighter and usually doesn't show up vibrant like this.  However, I used "Doak's watercolors, from New York. ( I think).  I purchased these liquid watercolors several years ago.  They are highly pigmented, and the person call that you have to make to order them is kind of...a gut check.  Enough said on that.  This one required just a little more intentional painting, some with a brush and some just dripping.  I like the effect, and am pleased with the vibrancy.  After working a Walk to Emmaus team meeting today, I can't help but notice where the "dam" is breaking on this and the water is gushing in.  Let it be, Lord.  Let the dams break and let your river flow!  Amen.

No comments: