Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Quest

Progress on my first painting in this "Quest" series. I'm on a quest to narrow down, think about, and hopefully come to some kind of conclusion as I who I am as an artist. I played with this outside in all the wind, as I kept my hubby company. Or maybe he kept me company. I have been wanting to do some art journaling and I love the work that Kelly Rae Roberts does. Since I am trying to figure some things out, I decided I'd just take the opportunity to play in this style for a bit. I used an old canvas that had already been painted over twice. I used "YES" paste to collage with, and discovered that acrylics don't stick to it well at all. Watercolor will, but acrylics will not. I used some symbolism in this piece and thought about all the things that I wanted to "release", I haven't answered my original question yet, at least on paper. I think I know deep down, but I'm going to give myself some time to contemplate and play. This whimsical approach was fun, and a change from my tight watercolors I've been doing lately. I'll probably add to it before calling it good.

No comments: