Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Valley

"The Valley"
Ink on Yupo

     I had to title this one, "The Valley".  I painted this during the Abilene Art Walk.  While painting, I encountered a "woman".  It appeared that she was a "street woman".  I prayed that the Lord would open a door of ministry to her.  She could't stay away, yet she couldn't stay.  She carried her Box.  Inside her box were treasures.  Treasures of her children, and shoes.  She changed her shoes several times, and also her clothes.  In front of everybody.  She changed her clothes.  I couldn't believe it.  She was beautiful.  She was changing her clothes and changing her shoes in front of me, and anyone around.  I prayed.  I seriously asked the Lord to cover her...to open the door.  She asked me open the lid to her nail polish, to sit in my red chair...to watch her stuff.  My heart was wrenching for her.  A mother that obviously lost her children.  I could identify with her in that respect.  I've lost my youngest, now 28 years old.  I can feel her pain.  Why, Lord, why?  I longed for, prayed for an opening.  I felt like she was in the valley.  I've been in that valley.  I wanted to give her the answer so badly.  The only ANSWER.  I didn't get the opening.  Why, Lord?

No comments: