Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Comfort

"Comfort"
16x20 Original Oil on Archival Canvas

     Comfort, Texas is a haven of rest.  My husband and I came here to get away, rest, and spend some quality time together.  We agreed on "just us"for this trip.  I had to resist calling grandchildren and good friends to join us.  I wanted that.  But, I also wanted him.  He won out.  We have not really had any "just us" time in so long; almost a year.  We are staying at a beautiful place called the Haven River Inn, which is designed for a place of rest.  Ministers come here to recharge.  There is a beautiful river running through this place, and my hubby couldn't wait to get in.  He fished most of the day yesterday and I painted.  It's quiet.  No televisions, no noise.  He and the Lord.  Me and the Lord.  I couldn't help but think of the scripture in Hebrews that says, "I will never leave you or forsake you".  That's real comfort. God is so good.  As I look back, I can see so clearly how He was with me, even when I didn't realize it.  I know know, even when I'm the busiest that He is with me.  It's just so very good to take a time out once in awhile to reconnect with Him, and be quiet.   

Today is another day of comfort.   As we sit rocking on this porch almost silence listening to the birds, smelling bacon in the air, enjoying the presence of each other. This is the day we're going to do some exploring, and I'm sure laughing like we do.   
   

No comments: