Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Monday, May 12, 2014

Promises Reign

"Promises Reign"
16"x20" Original Oil

     This marks another Mother's Day; one that I will mark down for all time in history.  It's the one that I will always remember.  For 19 years I prayed.  My heart grieved at the loss of my youngest son.  The one that I lost custody of.  In those days, it wasn't heard of to lose a child unless a mother was unfit as a mother.  But, I did.  For all those years I wanted relationship.  I prayed when I didn't even know how to pray.  Seems like everything came against me.  Then, I began to learn how to pray.  It was when I knew that something had to change or I wouldn't make it.  I had two older sons; it was for them that I lived.  Still, as a mother with a lost little sheep out there it was so very hard to hang on.  I learned to hang on to the One that would hold me...the One that would never leave me or forsake me. He was the One that would carry me through and teach me so many things.  I began to learn that all of his promises were yes for me.  I learned that God is all about restoration and relationships; between He and me (vertically) and between mankind (horizontally).  I learned that I can trust him.  That's what I did.  Things shifted and I traded my grief for trust and hope.  For those of you that have followed my blog, you know that my relationship has been restored with my son!  It's a miracle.  He's a miracle, walking out the plans that God has for him.  The other years were spent in prayer for him to come home.  This year it was spent in thankfulness, because he has come home! Thankful that I have three amazing, awesome, and wonderful sons that walk in the favor of the Lord.  They are reunited as brothers, and our family has been made whole.
     Today, I had to trade the box of kleenex for the roll of paper towels.  My heart runneth over with thankfulness, gratefulness, and joy.  
    Is there an area of your life that has lost hope?  Can I just tell you, that if you can verify in the Word of God, that it is his will and if you are praying his will...the answer is on the way!  Do not give up faith and hope in the One that can do all things.  Never, ever give up!  Amen.

No comments: