Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Earth Groans

"The Earth Groans"
12"x12" Oil on Wooden Panel
NFS


    I signed up for this 30 Paintings in 30 days that Leslie Saeta organizes before I realized I would be gone out of country for two weeks.  I signed up before I even asked the Lord what to do.  It's the tension between law and grace.  Sign up and follow through, or wait upon the Lord.  I feel the Lord is calling me into a new place.  I have so many rumblings...I feel a season of finally finding myself is on the horizon.  The legalistic part of me is posting this as the first of 30.  But I am releasing myself from the burden of the "law", and will pursue what He has for me, however that may look.I'm going to take my time and pursue the Lord through my art daily, creatively seeking Him and his purposes for me.  If it's "postable", I'll post.  If not, I'll let it go.  But I will do something artful every single day.
    I've been seeing int he spirit lately, lots of atmospheric things.  I haven't gotten the skills to produce them as I see them.  This painting started out with something that I've "seen", but as I began to paint, the Lord revealed to me that everything in creation is groaning and crying out for Him; the return of the Living Jesus Christ.  I kind of got side tracked in trying to get that point across, so it didn't turn out as I expected.  Are you able to see the point?  


No comments: