Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Motherhood

"Motherhood"
28"x24" Original Oil on Canvas

     I think the Lord has been teaching me about layers and depth.   Layers of his love.  Layers and depth of spirituality.  Seems like I've spent the last few weeks observing layers and depth in everything from depths of oceans to clouds in the sky.  This painting is a good example of layers and layers of color.  There is no telling how many layers there are of transparent oils.  The white that I used is the most lucius, buttery paint I've ever seen.  It's made by Richardson.  It makes all the other tubes that I have take a back seat.  This has a feminine feel to it, and I'm calling it "Motherhood".  My son and daughter-in-law are expecting their second baby in the spring.  Somehow, this just reminds me of the miracle of motherhood.  What do you think of the colors?

No comments: