Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Monday, January 5, 2015

"Frilly in Pink"

"Frilly in Pink"
12"x12" Oil on Wood Panel

     I didn't forget to paint on this 5th day of the 30 in 30 challenge.  But, I almost forgot to post!  It sure takes time to do all this posting! Most of my art has a spiritual nature to it, but this was strictly working on technique with transparent oils followed by opaque.   I thought I'd finished this painting, but after looking at it for awhile, I realized it too, needed a little lunch.  The teal sure punches good with pink.  This was painted from a fresh peony.  That poor flower is dead now, and still sitting in my studio.  I contemplated painting the dead one.  I still might.  Peonies are not easy to paint, in my opinion.  I like the little daisy's that frame this one.  How about you?

No comments: