Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Be Mine


"Be Mine"
Worship Art
Acrylic on Canvas 22"x30"



"Be Mine", Acrylic on Canvas Painted during Worship today. This was such a fun experience. I have had a very busy week, and was a little apprehensive going into the morning without much inspiration. Last night as I prepared my canvas with the help of 3 grandsons, I decided to just put some modeling paste on it for some texture. As I explained what texture was, and kept little fingers out of the wet goo, I kept saying, " I don't know what I'll paint, but the Lord will come through". The boys couldn't quite grasp that idea, and I must say it wasn't long ago that I couldn't either. So, as the worship team practiced and I stood before that barren white, well textured canvas I prayed. I searched for an idea. About all the idea I had was that I like RED. So, that was it. I decided to start with red. So I squirted out 3-4 shades of red, along with white and some browns. Then it was time to just rest and wait. Wait for something....Worship started, and I prayed again..."Lord, which brush should I start with?" "Oh, that one. The one thats not really a brush. The one I have not used before. That one looks good." Then, I began. You have to begin somewhere. Otherwise, worship will be over and you'll still have a blank canvas. Well, that funny non-brush was a little wider than expected and happened to grab a bit of old paint (left on the pallet), and when it mixed with the white paint, and another color it was a serendipity.
On and on, I went enjoying the presence of the Lord, asking Him what to do next, and loving the colors. I flipped the canvas the other way, and noticed some things! Thank you, Lord! I began to see...then, I "heard", "Be Mine", just Be Mine".

I don't know if it's finished or not. I know I could work and work and make it look really polished. But, I may rather leave it be and remember the moment my hands were shaking from hearing the voice of the Lord, and had a very hard time lettering because of it. Maybe I'll leave it as a symbol of how beautiful imperfection is to the Lord, and how he can work through us. Maybe I'll leave it just to show that I don't have to use RED. And maybe I'll leave it, because when you flip it back right side up, like I started painting it, there is yet ANOTHER FACE! This one that appears to be like a person in distress, and like the face of a lion. Isn't that amazing? The Lion of Judah rescues the one in distress, if we just call out to Him. I will post a close up of the 2nd face in the next post.

No comments: