Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, August 2, 2014

"Sail Away"

"Sail Away"
16x20 Watercolor on Arches Paper
Purchase this Painting

          Have you ever wanted to just sail away?  I sure have.  I've kind of wanted to do it this summer.  It's been a challenge.  It's been good, now that most of it is behind me.  Have you ever looked back and wished that you would have just sailed through the hard times instead of getting stuck in them?  That's me!  Hind sight is always better, isn't it?  When I was so tired...I wish I would have just "sahhhhed".  But, still the journey was all in all good.  Memories were made, and things ran pretty smoothly, other than an emergency room visit, and fast doctor visit, a few fowl words grumbled back and forth with my beloved in the stress of the moment.  I might not want to ever do it the same way, but I wouldn't give up the cherished moments.  The ones like a grandson sneaking into my room in the late night, dragging his bedding to sleep beside me on the floor...reaching up to grab my hand and hold it.  Or, the late night prayers.  I cherish the KP duty...where most of my grandchildren participated in a hurried dance of washing, drying and putting away of the dishes.  The early morning walks with the dogs were fun, and so were the one on one, hand in hand walks with a grandson; as we "snuck" away from the bunch.  All the questions about God, and the early morning devotions and prayer.  My goodness I could just relive all of those.   The cakes that were baked...the literal hours that it took to get the recipe read, and the batter in the oven.  Oh my.  Learning to sweep the floor correctly....and how to dust furniture with missing a spot...right down to emptying all of the trashes correctly...make the beds...cook Ramen... I sure hope that my babies always remember the memories that we made, and not the frustrations that we had.  I bet they will!  I know I sure will.  I am blessed beyond measure!  There is always time to "Sail away", and never enough time to enjoy your family!

No comments: