Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Planting of the Lord



A Planting of the Lord
Acrylic on Canvas Board 20x24

     We had a great "girlie" day in my art studio today.  Six artists having a paint day.  What fun.  We decided that we would do trees, led by Rhonda Wilks.  We started with oaks and ended with evergreens.  I think this might have been my first or second tree of all time, done in acrylic.  I used the new set of interactive acrylics, which I do believe I like.  They feel like oils going on, and I like being able to spritz them and bring them back alive again.  
     As I was painting I kept wondering and silently asking the Lord what he was saying to me.  I kept hearing "Oak of Righteousness."  After looking at the scripture in Isaiah 61,  I realized that my life is described in this passage.  My life has gone full circle, from being totally broken to inner healing.   I have been given the oil of gladness instead of mourning, traded beauty for ashes, and even walk in the ministry of seeing the broken healed.  Part of my ministry is freedom ministry, being used by the Lord to see the captives set free, and the sick healed.  Today, this really made me take a look back at my life and see how far I have come  with the Lord. Its so exciting to realize that  I can be a display of His splendor.

2 comments:

JanettMarie said...

Oh, this is a lovely tree. Gently blowing in the breeze. Sigh, I'm ready for Spring now. : )

Unknown said...

Thanks you, so much.