Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Misty Morning

   

"Misty Morning"
Original Watercolor on 300 # paper
14"x15"
Contact me for Purchasing Info.


 This one is #9 of the 30 paintings in 30 days.  Geez, I am going to have to start painting small!  This has been a long travel day, and getting the last layers on the painting have been tiring.  I started this painted days ago, layering very thin washes each day.  It probably has about 20 or more washes.  I was going to continue on with them, but I've gotten impatient and decided to just go ahead and finish it with a little opaque.  I know, I ruined the whole effect of the luminosity of all the transparent washes.  Still, it looks like fog.  It's really my 2nd attempt at painting fog.  The first was years ago...I remember the fog was ok, but the rest of it was not.  Hopefully, all of this one is ok.   I kind of like the mood of the back light coming through.  I expect a little fisherman to come quietly around the bend in a paddle boat, and I can almost hear the sound of his paddle.  Can you feel the mist on your skin?


No comments: