Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Lilly is Single.

"Lilly is Single"
14x16
Original Oil on Canvas

     Pretty Lilly here was the first painting that I did in the Nancy Medina workshop.  This also means that it is one of my very first oil paintings, done with a brush, and also done using fresh flowers as a model.  I chose this single big and full beauty very carefully, anticipating what kind of challenge I was up for.  I remember my heart was racing and I was beginning to sweat a bit.  I think that came from being among so many artists.  I know I began to compare myself to all the others before there was even a need to compare.  At the end of the day, I was unhappy with it, so I took it to my hotel room and continued to work.  I haven't had time to work on it until now, but I think a few days to soak in my training helped.  I've made lots of changes and I do love this one now!  My husband made the comment, that the glass looked just like a glass of water!  What more could I ask for? I am pleased with the sharp focal area and the subtle color changes within the painting. I think Nancy would really approve of my painting.   What about you?  Do you think the glass looks like it has water in it?  

No comments: