Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Storm Approaching

"Storm Approaching"
Alcohol Ink on Tile
6"x6"
NFS

     Three more days to go in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again...It's been so much fun, and I hate to see it come to an end.  However, I will be glad to breathe if I need to.  I'm not one to live on challenges, but if I commit to it, I will see it through to the end, no matter what. I hope to continue daily painting, but to also add in my quiet time prior to painting.  I hope I can coordinate the two with the time I have.  So many times, other things get in the way of having that kind of a chunk of time.  
     I just booked our diving trips for 2016.  I guess I had the ocean on my mind. 

Jer. 5:22 says, "Do you not fear Me?' declares the LORD 'Do you not tremble in My presence? For I have placed the sand as a boundary for the sea, An eternal decree, so it cannot cross over it. Though the waves toss, yet they cannot prevail; Though they roar, yet they cannot cross over it." 

      Every time I get to depth, I can't help but sing, "How Great Thou Art"; through my mask of coarse.  God's underground creation is just as amazing as His above ground.  I often look out over the sea as we skirt the waters in our "fast boat" and think about Peter.  It's easy to criticize him when you're in the boat.  But what about when you are in the water or the storm?  What then?  

No comments: