Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Rejected

"Rejected"
16x20 Watercolor


     This is number 17 of the 30 paintings in 30 days.  I enjoyed doing this guy, using a slightly different watercolor technique.  I usually paint wet on wet, but employed wet on dry paper, keeping the bead line wet.  I can't help but think that this poor guy is watching his sweet thing being taken by someone superior.  I didn't intend on painting this emotion, but there is something about the look in his eyes that just get me.  The ape family is very interesting to me, and I'm doing a little research along with this painting just to get to know them better.  Our here, in west Texas is not the place to find them.  I doubt we have any in our local zoo, either.  Maybe warm weather will require a little zoo trip to find out.  What do you think of him?  Does he have a story to tell?

No comments: