Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Out of Overflow

"Out of Overflow"
8x10" Oil on Canvas Panel

     This is #24 of the 30 in 30 challenge.  I'm taking Dreama Tolle Perry's Painting Course.  That called for a practice lesson to get acquainted with her palette and a new kind of brush, and medium.  The idea was to meditate and come up with an inspiring word that we can keep coming back to from time to time.  I thought about it all day.  Then, I realized that is is out of the overflow of everything that we create.  The overflow determines what we create; good or bad.  What's in our heart comes out.    

I haven't painted with oils in about 2 months or more.  Gosh, I forgot some important things that Nancy Medina taught me.  I image that I will do another one of these practices to feel like I have a handle on it before the actual painting lesson starts.  It's hard to remind an old dog of new tricks.  

No comments: