Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Monday, January 4, 2016

"Mug Shot"

"Mug Shot"
16"x20 Original Watercolor on Arches 300# Paper
     What ever possessed me to paint these baboons, I don't know!  Other than...they are just so cute!  Actually, I have little experience with animals and I know I need it.  I've done a few dogs and a cat, a cow, and a horse or two.   I just couldn't resist these mugs.  I started out with the intention of doing it as close to the photo as I could.  I lasted just a little while.  I couldn't take it any longer.  It's just not me.  If you have a photo, why do you need the painting?  But if you have a painting that resembles a photo and shows some personality....now we're talking.  I shut the lid to my laptop and started flinging paint.  Literally.  I just love Opera pink and rarely get to use it.  I just thought this mamma and her baby needed some pink.  I may go in and darken the tube of rubber that the baby is chewing on.  My hubby thinks it resembles a can of something....It was so much fun!  I think I'll have to do another in a different method.  What's your take on it?



No comments: