Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Friday, January 24, 2014

Blue Hole

"Blue Hole"
Alcohol Ink on Ceramic Tile
NFS

     This is number 24 of the 30 in 30 Challenge.  I had lots of fun trying these techniques on tile.  It's got a different feel than Yupo, for sure.  I had one thing in mind as I started, but sure didn't end up with the same thought.  It reminds me of a place that divers go in New Mexico, called The Blue Hole.  It's a small pool entry and goes down a few hundred feet.  When you are from our area with no ocean around, and limited decent lakes, The Blue Hole provides at least a place to get wet.  I haven't been diving there myself, and might go if there were something to see once submerged.  I understand that it's just pretty much a place to go and get some depth so you can count it as a dive.  
     As far as this piece goes, the next step will be to play and see how I can protect it so it can become  a coaster.  

No comments: