Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Friday, January 17, 2014

Invitation to a Lost Soul

"Invitation to a Lost Soul"
12"x12" Acrylic on Wooden Panel

     This is number 17 of the 30 in 30 Challenge.  I'd planned to paint my puppy in watercolor today.  But,  I was contemplating  and grieving for a loved one that is living in such a dark place.  I began to ponder what it must feel like to be in that place, when I realized it must be like a body without a soul.  There used to be a soul....I instantly knew that I needed to paint that idea, not knowing how to do it.  I came home and began painting intuitively, asking Holy Spirit which color to use next, etc.  This is not my typical type of painting at all.  As I painted the emotions running through me were so strong.  Confirmation came when my hubby nailed the interpretation right on the head.  

No comments: