Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Land of Mine"

"Land of Mine"
Alcohol Ink on Yupo
5"x7"
NFS

     This is my number 16 of the 30 in 30 day challenge.  I had a day off today.  Or, so I thought.  I'd planned to do a larger, detailed watercolor.  But, one thing led to another catching up on house work and all of those necessities that pile up when you are non-stop on the go.  I resorted to another alcohol ink and Yupo.  I started to try other colors, but I have a hard time giving up my favorites.  Something happens deep inside me when I see these colors.  I can't explain it.  
     I can't help but think of Ezekiel 36:24 when I look at this:  "'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land."  I bet my land would look something like this, rich in these beautiful jewel colors.  I always think about the colors of heaven, and how there has to be colors that we have not even seen yet.  Many times I lay and dream about the colors of heaven.  For now though, I'll play with what I know and continue to seek what I don't know.

No comments: