"All Wrapped Up"
This is number TEN of the 30 in 30 challenge. I couldn't wait to get this done! I've wanted to do some real experimenting and this was it! I collaged hand painted papers and book pages onto this watercolor paper. I added moulding paste and stencils. I wasn't sure I could make anything out of it, but pressed on through. I discovered if I wanted my charcoal to adhere and yet be erasable, I needed to coat the whole thing in acrylic medium to begin with. I proceeded using my grandson, Tristan Moya as my model. He just loved taking my Ugandan wrap to make a head wrap. I got lots of photo reference shots and will probably do more on this line. This was really fun, because I didn't worry about making anything picture perfect. I enjoyed the play on light and dark as wells as the hues used. I even pulled in my red acetate overlay to check my values and make sure that I had a good variety. Yay. Lessons learned, coming into play. I haven't gotten his feedback, but in real life it looks great. More of these to come, I'm sure!