Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Friday, January 10, 2014

"All Wrapped Up"

"All Wrapped Up"
11"x14"
Mixed Media


     This is number TEN of the 30 in 30 challenge.  I couldn't wait to get this done!  I've wanted to do some real experimenting and this was it!  I collaged hand painted papers and book pages onto this watercolor paper.   I added moulding paste and stencils.  I wasn't sure I could make anything out of it, but pressed on through.  I discovered if I wanted my charcoal to adhere and yet be erasable, I needed to coat the whole thing in acrylic medium to begin with.  I proceeded using my grandson, Tristan Moya as my model.  He just loved taking my Ugandan wrap to make a head wrap.  I got lots of photo reference shots and will probably do more on this line.  This was really fun, because I didn't worry about making anything picture perfect.  I enjoyed the play on light and dark as wells as the hues used.  I even pulled in my red acetate overlay to check my values and make sure that I had a good variety.  Yay.  Lessons learned, coming into play.  I haven't gotten his feedback, but in real life it looks great.  More of these to come, I'm sure!  

No comments: