Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Snow

"First Snow"
8x10 Acrylic on Canvas Board

     Number 22 of the 30 in 30.  This was another back to basics value lesson taken from the Art Tutor online ebook.  This was a little more fun than the first couple of lessons, I guess because of the colors added.  I had fun doing it, especially the clouds.  However, I will be doing it again!  This time I will add my own ideas, I'll correct the clouds with a little more softness, and certainly fix that non-melodious mountain, that blends into the shape of the trees.  The photo reference does the same thing.  In this one, I realized that I did what lots of artists do....copied a photo, instead of making art.  I was concentrating on following directions and not missing some basics, that I fell into the trap of what nature was doing in the photo.  Nature doesn't always know best, when it comes to a nice painting.  Well, good thing the canvas board was cheap, and I have more!  Stay turned for my version of this one a little later on.  

No comments: