Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Friday, September 6, 2013

Glory Rain

"Glory Rain"
6"x6"
Acrylic and Gold Leaf on Cradled Wood
$175.00

     This is number 6 of the Leslie Saeta 30 Day Challenge.  I obviously didn't start and finish it in a day.  It is layered with acrylic paint, acrylic skin collages, gold leaf, and many layers of acrylic pouring with metallic powders.  I believe it is one of the nicest pieces that I've ever done.  The depth is unbelievable. Each day would bring a new layer combined with a new pouring layer.  Drying it is an art in itself.  If the temperature is not right, it will craze and not dry evenly.  This one is just exactly right.  The high glassy gloss finish is a plus.  I love the abstract impressionist feel of this.  I can almost envision the heavens opening and Glory just raining down on us!  The atmosphere is filled with gold dust, like I've heard of occurring in some worship services.  Come, Lord!  Rain your Glory down on us, now as never before!  Amen.http://lillianjaneneal.weebly.com/glory-rain.html

No comments: