Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Peace Be Still


"Peace Be Still"
Acrylic on Cradled Wood
6"x6"
$150.00

     This was definitely more than a day in the making, but the last layer was applied in a day.  This is my number 4 of the Leslie Saeta 30 Day Challenge.  I wish the photo would do it justice. The top photo shows the details in a closer up view.   I used collage layers and layers of acrylic skins on top of under paintings. That was followed with acrylic pourings which contained shimmering powdered pigments, followed by gold leaf, and more layers of pouring.  The depth and color translucency is really beautiful.  Mark 4:35-41 tells us that Jesus calms the storm.  There have been many storms in my life, in which I thought I was going to be overtaken.  Some of them almost did take me out.That was when I knew "of" Jesus.  Now that I "know" Him, I've learned that he will either calm the storm for me, or sometimes calm me in the storm.  The past couple of years have been one of those storms in which he has calmed me.  I've felt like that golden piece in this painting...right there in the middle of it; yet not overtaken, and even in peace through most of it.  In that peace, I can minister to the rest of my family.  It's only because of Jesus.  My question for you today is, do you know of Him?  Or do you know Him?  Does he know you?  Is that storm about to take you out?  Let Him calm it for you!  Amen.  

No comments: