Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Going Bananas

"Going Bananas"
9x11
Watercolor on Arches 140# paper

     This is number 17 of the 30 in 30 challenge.  It's almost finished.  Tonight, I was so tired and I hadn't yet painted today.  I determined to no bust the challenge.  So I took my little puppy out with me, to sleep at my feet and I began to paint.  I remembered Uganda, where I took the photo of this banana plantation.  Of coarse, I had to artsify the colors, but it was beautiful in natural colors.  So were the people that hosted us that morning for breakfast.  This was the place where the pastor's wife had been raised.  Can you imagine looking out your front door at this beautiful sight?  How about it it were a very primitive door?  Would it look the same to you?  How about if it were only a hut made of banana leaves?  Would it look the same to you?  The beauty of the Ugandan people is as beautiful and colorful as this painting.  They amaze me.  I learn so much from them each trip that I go.  It kind of puts things into perspective for me.  What's really important?  What do you see out your window?  Are you thankful?  Could you survive without it?

No comments: