Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Monday, September 16, 2013

Atmosphere #1

"Atmosphere #1"
6"x6" Water soluble wax crayons on wood panel.
$50.00

     This is my #16 of the 30 in 30 Challenge.  I painted this one today, while visiting with an artist friend, Suzan Hughes Kennedy.  I used the Caran de Arche water soluble wax crayons, exclusively.  I used a photo reference for the sunset clouds, and changed the desert foreground into an ocean.  I swear, I've seen this very scene at "Red Bay", St. Maartin.  I enjoyed this painting and visiting session.  I enjoyed painting with this medium and discovering some of the qualities of it.  It's kind of like working on Yupo, in that if you go over it twice with the brush, it removes the layer of paint instead of adding it.  I'm doing another, but this time I will do a "pouring" on the top and go from there.

No comments: