Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Monday, January 28, 2013

Bad News

"Bad News"
9x11
Watercolor on Recycled Painting

     This is number 27 of my 30 in 30 challenge.  This challenge has been so much fun, and has created a freedom in me, that I didn't know existed.  My intention was to make every single daily painting experimental.  I've never tried to do any drippy and wild colored portraits before, so thought I would give that a whirl.  I chose this photo reference of myself, taken just after receiving some bad news. Everyone always tells me that I wear my feelings on my face.  I guess I do.   I wasn't sure how to begin with the drippy style, so I settled with brights and nontraditional colors. These hydrus liquids did the trick for that.   I tried to do this really quick, without overworking anything.  If you look carefully, you can see the underlying shapes and shades, which add so much interest.  Although I recognize that I need a complete make-over, I am fairly pleased with the way this turned out, considering my goals.  

No comments: