Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Friday, January 11, 2013

We're a Pair

We're a Pair
Oil on Canvas Board 8x10 (Pallet Knife)  100.00
Click here to Purchase this Painting

I couldn't resist buying these pears the other day.  They were so plump and delicious looking.  I brought them home, and promptly took them out of the bag to marvel at their colors.  I instructed my husband not to eat them until I at least had time to photo them.  I knew a painting of some kind would emerge.  Sure enough, just after I decided to be the first one to partake,  I was inspired.  I decided to try my hand at using a pallet knife with the oils.  It was fun, day 10 of the Leslie Saeta 30 Day Painting Challenge.  As I ate my pear and drank some Texas Blend coffee, I was reminded what a pair, Jesus and I are together.   Paired with Him, Nothing is Impossible!   My husband walks up to the top of a hill that we have on our place just to pray, each and every day.  He has filled the ruts in the road with rocks.  Each rock represents the name of a person that he prays for.   On his way up to the hill  one day he wrote this song:  Walking up this rocky road, Coffee in my hand...I've got one for for my Jesus, and one for this man.  I'm standing on this mountain, cast it to the sea, not doubting in my heart but believing in what I say...And as I stand praying believing in my heart that I've received, and I thank you Lord.  Now of coarse, you can't "hear the tune" but it's a really neat song.  He's a really neat husband.  I'm blessed to be married to him.


No comments: