Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Regrets

Regrets.
     India ink, watercolor on gesso  and paper.
     As I watch the ones dearest to me  suffer because of life struggles, I sit and contemplate my hand in their situation.  I'm hit with all of the typical what if questions, the "if I'd done this, or not done that", then surely things wouldn't be this way.   Although, that is very true because  my choices have had consequences and we can all look back and see if we would have turned another way, we would be in another place.  But, it's also these times that I am reminded that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  So are my loved ones.  My regrets lie in the part of my life that I did not lead in the perfect will of God.  I'm thankful that He makes all things new, and recovers what the enemy steals.

 I wasn't in much of a mood to do a project, so I just dug out this colorful paper that I'd played on months ago.  I decided to just use the dropper out of the india ink bottle, and to draw without any erasing or anything.  I spent no more than 5 min. doing this.  The bright color just reminds me that through Jesus Christ I don't have to live in regret.  I can walk in his perfect will now, and my life is redeemed.


No comments: