Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Transformed

"Transformed"
Alcohol Ink on Yupo
Not for Sale

     This is number 26 of my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  With all of my travels lately, I've had to paint in my lap in the car.  This is the last of those paintings.  I've enjoyed the portability of this medium, and absolutely love the brilliance of colors and the abstract way that the inks melt and blend together.  It's been a blast just having fun with it, not being concerned about the outcome.  That's what experimentation is, isn't it?  When I look at this, I'm drawn to the structure of the largest opera pink shape.  It just reminds me so much of butterfly wings, which remind me of transformation.  That reminds me of how through Jesus we are being transformed into his image.  The more we are with Him, the more we begin to look like Him.  

No comments: