Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rita

"Rita"
Watercolor on Paper
12x14
$200.00
Click Here to Purchase This Painting
     This is day 12 of my 30 day Painting a Day Challenge.  This challenge is to experiment with something for each day.  For today, I ran across a photo of this beautiful mango drink from some years ago.  I took the picture specifically to use as a reference photo.  I loved the hand painted glass even more than the cold mango treat after a near 3 mile hot walk into downtown Cozumel.  Since my intention is to experiment, I pulled out an old watercolor painting that was stretched on bars, and was a failure.  I decided to apply Daniel Smith's watercolor ground and play.  The ground seemed kind of like gesso going on, and covered pretty well.  It did leave some brush mark texture which was inevitable.  Compared to paper only, it seems that maybe this doesn't take to layering and blending quite as well, but was great for all those bright colors.  It was perfect for this particular subject.  I used my new set of Dr. Ph. Martin's liquid watercolor set #1.  I've never seen such bright colors.  This was fun, and the striped saucer housing the off center glass almost made me crazy. 

No comments: