Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Peachy Delight

"Peachy Delight"
Watercolor on 140# Arches 
11x14
200.00
Click Here to Purchase the Painting

     When I bought this beautiful cloth in Guatemala a few years ago, I knew s painting would come from it.  It matches my Fiesta ware so beautifully.  Last summer, our peach tree was loaded, so I took the opportunity to set up a still life for a reference photo.  Today, I decided to experiment with some watercolor texturing medium on the peaches in hopes to make them look fuzzy. I'll refrain from my opinion of the medium until I've worked it a few more times.  Initially, I can tell you that you will have to do many more layers to get a bright color.  I wonder, which fruit of the Spirit would a peach represent?  Today, I think it must be patience.  Day 16 of my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.

No comments: