Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Differences


I just had to do something whimsical and fun with these new Dr. Ph. Martin liquid watercolors.  The colors are so cheerful.  Sometimes it does a body good to just play without worrying about how it turns out.  I am determined to draw or paint every day, at least for the next 30 days just to challenge myself.  This is #1.  Jan. 1, 2013.

Many years ago, I made a quilted wall hanging from this pattern.  Back in my younger days, it was much funnier than it is now...  I used to not understand little old ladies who wore SAS shoes with socks and their dresses.  Now, after 29 years of standing on concrete for a living, I find that socks really feel good with SAS shoes, or at least Burkinstock sandals.  I haven't come to the place of wearing them with my dresses, yet....but not saying I won't.  I really want to laugh when I look at these body shapes.  They are so typical of women that have transformed from the fit and active lifestyles to the lesser, but also resemble so much wisdom.  Often, I think that younger people disregard them thinking that they don't know what's going on; when in fact they know more of what's going on than the youth.  http//www.drawinginhispresence.comI can definitely find myself here.  Can you?

No comments: