Drawing in His Presence

Drawing in His Presence

Popular Posts

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sun's Up

"Sun's Up"
Watercolor on Paper
16x20
200.00
Click Here to Purchase this Painting

     I took a "Recycled" workshop from Kay Smith, of Big Spring, TX today.  Oh what fun it was!  This used to be a pretty pitiful abstract.  I turned it into this Sunflower today.  I used lots of deep colors, including a new to me color, Midnight made by American Journey.  This is a nice creative way to cause your brain to twist a little.  Lot's of decisions to make...which shapes to keep, which lights to keep, which colors, etc.  It was a great day.  All of her workshops are great days in my opinion.  When I look at this, the bright center just really speaks to me, in that it reminds me of how a Sunflower follows the Sun.  It reminds me to stay centered on the Son.

No comments: